Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-14-67-1
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 1. (a) This chapter applies to a cemetery that:
(1) is without funds or sources of funds for reasonable maintenance;
(2) has suffered neglect and deterioration;
(3) may be the burial grounds for an Indiana pioneer leader or veteran of an American war, including the Revolutionary War; and
(A) was established before 1875; or
(B) is a burial ground for a veteran of the Civil War.
(b) A county cemetery commission shall determine if a cemetery is a burial ground for a veteran of the Civil War under subsection (a)(4)(B) based on evidence presented to the county cemetery commission from any of the following:
(1) The Indiana historical bureau established by IC 4-23-7.2-2.
(2) The Indiana historical society established under IC 23-6-3.
(3) A historical society (as defined in IC 36-10-13-3).
(4) Indiana Landmarks.
(5) The division of historic preservation and archeology of the department of natural resources.
(6) The Indiana archives and records administration under IC 5-15-5.1-5.
(c) A county may also assume responsibility for the maintenance of a cemetery under IC 23-14-78.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-14-67-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-23-business-and-other-associations/in-code-sect-23-14-67-1/
Was this helpful?