Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-14-50-2
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 2. (a) The accumulation and holding of:
(1) the funds authorized by IC 23-14-48 and IC 23-14-49-2; and
(2) contributions to those funds;
are expressly permitted and shall be considered to be for a charitable and eleemosynary purpose.
(b) The funds and contributions referred to in subsection (a) are considered to be a provision:
(1) for the discharge of a duty due from the person or persons contributing to the fund to the person or persons whose remains are or will be interred in the cemetery; and
(2) for the benefit and protection of the public by preserving, beautifying, and keeping cemeteries from becoming places of reproach and desolation in the communities in which they are situated.
(c) A fund referred to in subsection (a) or a payment, gift, grant, bequest, or other contribution to the fund:
(1) is not invalid by reason of any indefiniteness or uncertainty of the persons designated as beneficiaries in the instruments creating the fund; and
(2) is not invalid as violating any law against perpetuities or suspension of the power of alienation of title to property.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-14-50-2 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-23-business-and-other-associations/in-code-sect-23-14-50-2/
Was this helpful?