Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-13-20-1
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 1. The University of Evansville is a body corporate and politic. The board of trustees of the university has perpetual succession and has full power to do the following:
(1) Make contracts.
(2) Sue and be sued.
(3) Plead and to be impleaded.
(4) Acquire, hold, and convey real and personal property, manage and dispose of property and all money belonging to the corporation in the manner that seems to the trustees to be best adapted to promote the objects and purposes of the university.
(5) Own, lease, mortgage, pledge, sell, exchange, or otherwise dispose of real and personal property, to borrow money, and to issue, sell, and pledge its obligations and evidences of indebtedness, and to mortgage its property to secure the payment of indebtedness.
(6) Have and to use a common seal and to alter and renew the seal at pleasure.
(7) Make bylaws consistent with the charter of the university.
(8) In conjunction with the faculty, confer upon those whom they deem worthy all honors and degrees usually conferred by colleges and universities.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-13-20-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-23-business-and-other-associations/in-code-sect-23-13-20-1/
Was this helpful?