Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-1-40-6
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 6. (a) When a merger takes effect:
(1) every other corporation party to the merger merges into the surviving corporation and the separate existence of every corporation except the surviving corporation ceases;
(2) the title to all real estate and other property owned by each corporation party to the merger is vested in the surviving corporation without reversion or impairment;
(3) the surviving corporation has all liabilities of each corporation party to the merger;
(4) a proceeding pending against any corporation party to the merger may be continued as if the merger did not occur or the surviving corporation may be substituted in the proceeding for the corporation whose existence ceased;
(5) the articles of incorporation of the surviving corporation are amended to the extent provided in the plan of merger; and
(6) the shares of each corporation party to the merger that are to be converted into shares, obligations, or other securities of the surviving or any other corporation or into cash or other property are converted and the former holders of the shares are entitled only to the rights provided in the articles of merger or to their rights under IC 23-1-44.
(b) When a share exchange takes effect, the shares of each acquired corporation are exchanged as provided in the plan and the former holders of the shares are entitled only to the exchange rights provided in the articles of share exchange or to their rights under IC 23-1-44.
(c) After a merger or share exchange takes effect as provided in this section, any terms of the plan of merger or plan of share exchange that are not included in the articles of incorporation shall be considered to be contract rights only, and not part of the governing documents of the corporation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-1-40-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-23-business-and-other-associations/in-code-sect-23-1-40-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?