Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-0.5-4-8
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 8. (a) If a commercial registered agent changes its name, address, or electronic mail address as listed under section 4(a) of this chapter, type of entity, or jurisdiction of formation, the agent shall deliver to the secretary of state for filing a statement of change signed by the agent which states:
(1) the name of the agent as listed under section 4(a) of this chapter;
(2) if the name of the agent has changed, the new name;
(3) if the address or electronic mail address of the agent has changed, the new address or electronic mail address; and
(4) if the agent is an entity:
(A) if the type of entity of the agent has changed, the new type of entity; and
(B) if the jurisdiction of formation of the agent has changed, the new jurisdiction of formation.
(b) The filing by the secretary of state of a statement of change under subsection (a) is effective to change the information regarding the agent with respect to each entity represented by the agent.
(c) A commercial registered agent promptly shall furnish to each entity represented by it a notice in a record of the filing by the secretary of state of a statement of change relating to the name or address of the agent and the changes made in the statement.
(d) If a commercial registered agent changes its address without delivering for filing a statement of change as required by this section, the secretary of state may cancel the listing of the agent under section 4 of this chapter. A cancellation under this subsection has the same effect as a termination under section 5 of this chapter. Promptly after canceling the listing of an agent, the secretary of state shall provide notice in a record in the manner provided in section 10(b) or 10(c) of this chapter on:
(1) each entity represented by the agent, stating that the agent has ceased to be the registered agent for the entity and that, until the entity designates a new registered agent, service of process may be made on the entity as provided in section 10 of this chapter; and
(2) the agent, stating that the listing of the agent has been canceled under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 23. Business and Other Associations § 23-0.5-4-8 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-23-business-and-other-associations/in-code-sect-23-0-5-4-8/
Was this helpful?