Sec. 8 . (a) Every employer subject to the provisions of this chapter or to any rule or order issued under this chapter shall each pay period furnish to each employee a statement that includes at least the following information:
(1) The hours worked by the employee.
(2) The wages paid to the employee.
(3) A listing of the deductions made.
(b) An employer shall furnish to the commissioner upon demand a sworn statement of the information furnished to an employee under subsection (a). Records relating to the information furnished shall be open to inspection by the commissioner, the commissioner's deputy, or any authorized agent of the department at any reasonable time.
(c) Every employer subject to the provisions of this chapter or to any rule or order issued under this chapter shall post in a conspicuous place in the area where employees are employed a single page poster providing employees notice of the following information:
(1) The current Indiana minimum wage.
(2) An employee's basic rights under Indiana's minimum wage law.
(3) Contact information to inform an employee how to obtain additional information from or to direct questions or complaints to the Indiana department of labor.
(d) The commissioner shall furnish copies of this chapter and the rules and orders to employers without charge upon request.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.