Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 6. (a) This section applies only to public schools.
(b) As used in this section, “good citizenship instruction” means integrating instruction into the current curriculum that stresses the nature and importance of the following:
(1) Being honest and truthful.
(2) Respecting authority.
(3) Respecting the property of others.
(4) Always doing the student's personal best.
(5) Not stealing.
(6) Possessing the skills (including methods of conflict resolution) necessary to live peaceably in society and not resorting to violence to settle disputes.
(7) Taking personal responsibility for obligations to family and community.
(8) Taking personal responsibility for earning a livelihood.
(9) Treating others the way the student would want to be treated.
(10) Respecting the national flag, the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of Indiana.
(11) Respecting the student's parents and home.
(12) Respecting the student's self.
(13) Respecting the rights of others to have their own views and religious beliefs.
(c) The department shall:
(1) identify; and
(2) make available;
models of conflict resolution instruction to school corporations. The instruction may consist of a teacher education program that applies the techniques to the students in the classroom to assist school corporations in complying with this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 20. Education § 20-30-5-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-20-education/in-code-sect-20-30-5-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.