Indiana Code Title 16. Health § 16-41-16-4
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 4. (a) Except as provided in subsections (c) and (d), as used in this chapter, “infectious waste” means waste that epidemiologic evidence indicates is capable of transmitting a serious communicable disease (as set forth in the list published under IC 16-41-2-1).
(b) The term includes the following:
(1) Pathological wastes.
(2) Biological cultures and associated biologicals.
(3) Contaminated sharps.
(4) Infectious agent stock and associated biologicals.
(5) Blood and blood products in liquid or semiliquid form.
(6) Laboratory animal carcasses, body parts, and bedding.
(7) Wastes (as described under section 8 of this chapter).
(c) “Infectious waste”, as the term applies to a:
(1) home health agency; or
(2) hospice service delivered in the home of a hospice patient;
includes only contaminated sharps.
(d) The term does not include an aborted fetus or a miscarried fetus.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 16. Health § 16-41-16-4 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-16-health/in-code-sect-16-41-16-4/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?