Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 6. (a) The township trustee shall prepare a statement that contains the following:
(1) A certification of the following costs:
(A) The cost or expense of the work.
(B) The cost of the chemicals.
(C) Twenty dollars ($20) per day for each day that the trustee or the trustee's agent supervises the performance of the services required under this chapter as compensation for services.
(2) A description of the real estate on which the labor was performed.
(3) A request that the owner or person in possession of the real estate pay the costs under subdivision (1) to the township trustee.
(b) The certified statement prepared under subsection (a) shall be provided:
(1) to the owner or person possessing the real estate by:
(A) mail, using a certificate of mailing; or
(B) personal service; or
(2) by mailing the certified statement to the auditor of state for any real estate owned by the state or to the fiscal officer of another municipality (as defined in IC 5-11-1-16) for real estate owned by the municipality.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 15. Agriculture and Animals § 15-16-8-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-15-agriculture-and-animals/in-code-sect-15-16-8-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?