Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 1.8. (a) As used in this section, “individual with special circumstances” means an individual who:
(1) has a developmental disability (as defined by IC 12-7-2-61);
(2) is determined to be a student with a disability (as defined in IC 20-35-1-8); or
(3) has a permanent disability as determined by rules adopted by the department.
(b) As used in this section, “special circumstances hunter” means an individual with special circumstances who hunts under a special circumstances hunting safety card issued under this section.
(c) As used in this section, “special circumstances hunting safety card” refers to the card issued to a special circumstances hunter.
(d) The department may issue a special circumstances hunting safety card to a resident or nonresident who qualifies under the rules adopted by the department as authorized under this section.
(e) The commission shall establish the criteria for determining qualifications for a special circumstances hunting safety card.
(f) A special circumstances hunter may hunt in Indiana if the special circumstances hunter attends the course of instruction in hunter education offered by the department or the department's agent under IC 14-22-35.
(g) A special circumstances hunter must:
(1) comply with the requirements under this article, including obtaining a valid hunting license issued under IC 14-22-11, and the rules adopted by the department; and
(2) while hunting, be accompanied by an individual who:
(A) is at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
(B) holds a valid hunting license issued under IC 14-22-11.
(h) An individual described in subsection (g)(2) who accompanies a special circumstances hunter:
(1) must be in close enough proximity to monitor the special circumstances hunter's activities and communicate with the special circumstances hunter at all times; and
(2) may not accompany more than two (2) holders of a special circumstances hunting safety card at one (1) time.
(i) The department shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to carry out this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-22-12-1.8 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-22-12-1-8/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.