Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 30. (a) As used in this section, “fund” refers to the off-road vehicle and snowmobile fund established by subsection (b).
(b) The off-road vehicle and snowmobile fund is established. The fund shall be administered by the department.
(c) The fund consists of the revenues obtained under this chapter, IC 9-18-2.5 (before its expiration), and IC 9-18.1-14, appropriations, and donations. Money in the fund shall be used for the following purposes:
(1) Enforcement and administration of this chapter.
(2) Constructing and maintaining off-road vehicle trails.
(3) Constructing and maintaining snowmobile trails.
(4) Paying the operational expenses of properties:
(A) that are managed by the department; and
(B) on which are located off-road vehicle or snowmobile trails.
(5) Costs incurred by the bureau of motor vehicles to operate and maintain the off-road vehicle and snowmobile registration program established under IC 9-18-2.5 (before its expiration) or IC 9-18.1-14.
(d) The treasurer of state shall invest the money in the fund not currently needed to meet the obligations of the fund in the same manner as other public money may be invested.
(e) Money in the fund at the end of the state fiscal year does not revert to the state general fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-16-1-30 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-16-1-30/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.