Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 1. Except as provided in IC 14-37, the department is designated as the following:
(1) The water pollution agency for Indiana for all purposes of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.) in effect January 1, 1988, and the federal Safe Drinking Water Act (42 U.S.C. 300f through 300j) in effect January 1, 1988.
(2) The solid waste agency for Indiana for all purposes of the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.) in effect January 1, 1988.
(3) The air pollution control agency for Indiana for all purposes of the federal Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.), as amended by the federal Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (P.L.101-549).
(4) The state agency with responsibility concerning the Midwest Interstate Compact on Low-Level Radioactive Waste under IC 13-29-1.
(5) The state agency with responsibility concerning the federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980, as amended by the federal Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (42 U.S.C. 9601 through 9675) as in effect on January 1, 1993, and concerning 40 CFR 300.505, Subpart F of the National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan.
(6) The state agency with responsibility concerning the federal Defense Environmental Restoration Program (10 U.S.C. 2701 through 2708) as in effect on January 1, 1993.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 13. Environment § 13-13-5-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-13-environment/in-code-sect-13-13-5-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.