Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 5-15. Required rules.
(a) Each agency shall maintain as rules the following:
(1) A current description of the agency's organization with necessary charts depicting that organization.
(2) The current procedures by which the public can obtain information or make submissions or requests on subjects, programs, and activities of the agency. Requests for copies of agency rules shall not be deemed Freedom of Information Act 1 requests unless so labeled by the requestor.
(3) Tables of contents, indices, reference tables, and other materials to aid users in finding and using the agency's collection of rules currently in force.
(4) A current description of the agency's rulemaking procedures with necessary flow charts depicting those procedures.
(5) Any rules adopted under this Section in accordance with Sections 5-75 and 10-20 of this Act.
(b) The rules required to be filed by this Section may be adopted, amended, or repealed and filed as provided in this Section instead of any other provisions or requirements of this Act.
The rules required by this Section may be adopted, amended, or repealed by filing a certified copy with the Secretary of State under subsections (a) and (b) of Section 5-65 and may become effective immediately.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 5. General Provisions § 100/5-15. Required rules - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-5-general-provisions/il-st-sect-5-100-5-15/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?