Skip to main content

Illinois Statutes Chapter 210. Health Facilities and Regulation § 55/9.03. Plan of correction

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

§ 9.03. (a) Each agency served with a notice of violation under Section 9.02 of this Act shall file with the Department a written plan of correction within 10 days of receipt of the notice. The plan of correction is subject to approval of the Department. The plan of correction shall state with particularity the method by which the agency intends to correct each violation and shall contain a stated date by which each violation shall be corrected.

(b) If the Department rejects a plan of correction, it shall send notice of the rejection and the reason for the rejection to the licensee. The agency shall have 10 days after receipt of the notice of rejection in which to submit a modified plan. If the modified plan is not submitted on time, or if the modified plan is rejected, the agency shall follow a plan of correction imposed by the Department.

(c) If an agency desires to contest any Department action under this Section, it shall send a written request for a hearing under Section 10 to the Department within 10 days of receipt of notice of the contested action. The Department shall commence the hearing as provided under Section 10. Whenever possible, all action of the Department under this Section arising out of a violation shall be contested and determined at a single hearing. Issues decided at a hearing may not be reheard at subsequent hearings under this Section.

Cite this article: - Illinois Statutes Chapter 210. Health Facilities and Regulation § 55/9.03. Plan of correction - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard