Skip to main content

Illinois Statutes Chapter 210. Health Facilities and Regulation § 145/50. Conduct of hearing

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

§ 50. Conduct of hearing.

(a) The hearing shall be conducted by the Director, or an individual designated in writing by the Director as a hearing officer. The Director or hearing officer may compel by subpoena or subpoena duces tecum the attendance and testimony of witnesses and the production of books and papers, and administer oaths to witnesses. The hearing shall be conducted at a place designated by the Department. The procedures governing hearings and the issuance of final orders under this Act shall be in accordance with rules adopted by the Department.

(b) All subpoenas issued by the Director or hearing officer may be served as provided for in civil actions. The fees of witnesses for attendance and travel shall be the same as the fees for witnesses before the circuit court and shall be paid by the party to the proceedings at whose request the subpoena is issued. If a subpoena is issued at the request of the Department, the witness fee shall be paid as an administrative expense.

(c) In cases of refusal of a witness to attend or testify, or to produce books or papers, concerning any matter upon which he might be lawfully examined, the circuit court of the county wherein the hearing is held, upon application of any party to the proceeding, may compel obedience by proceeding as for contempt as in cases of a like refusal to obey a similar order of the court.

Cite this article: - Illinois Statutes Chapter 210. Health Facilities and Regulation § 145/50. Conduct of hearing - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard