Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 2. Center for Business Ownership Succession and Employee Ownership.
(a) There may be created within the Department of Commerce and Community Affairs (now Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity) the Center for Business Ownership Succession and Employee Ownership.
The purpose of the Center is to foster greater awareness of the most effective techniques that facilitate business ownership succession and employee ownership with an emphasis on the retention and creation of job opportunities.
(b) The Center shall have the authority to do the following:
(1) Develop and disseminate materials to promote effective business ownership succession and employee ownership strategies.
(2) Provide counseling to individual companies and referral services to provide professional advisors expert in the field of business ownership succession and employee ownership.
(3) Plan, organize, sponsor, or conduct conferences and workshops on business ownership succession and employee ownership issues.
(4) Network and contract with local economic development agencies, business organizations, and professional advisors to accomplish the goals of the Center.
(5) Raise money from private sources to support the work of the Center.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 20. Executive Branch § 609/2. Center for Business Ownership Succession and Employee Ownership - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-20-executive-branch/il-st-sect-20-609-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?