Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 45-20. Denial of license or other sanction.
(a) The Department may deny an application for licensure or for renewal of licensure, or may suspend, revoke or place on probation or impose a financial penalty upon any licensee, upon a finding that the applicant or licensee:
(1) has violated any provision of this Act or any rule promulgated hereunder.
(2) is owned, managed or operated by any person who has been convicted within the previous 2 years in any court of law of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or any drug.
(3) has furnished false or fraudulent information to the Department.
(4) is owned, operated or managed by any person who has had suspended or revoked a federal registration to distribute or dispense methadone, or any governmental license relating to operation of the facility.
(5) has failed to provide effective controls against the diversion of controlled substances in other than legitimate medical, scientific or industrial channels.
(6) has demonstrated unprofessional conduct or dishonesty in conducting licensed activities.
(7) is owned, managed or operated by any person who has been convicted of a felony under any law of the United States or any state within the previous 2 years.
(8) has failed to provide information requested by the Department within 30 days of a formal written request.
(b) The Department may promulgate regulations setting forth provisions for the imposition of financial penalties. Proceeds from any financial penalties imposed shall be deposited into the General Revenue Fund.
(c) Any penalty imposed for any violation of this Act shall be in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal, civil or administrative penalty or sanction otherwise authorized by this Act or any other law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 20. Executive Branch § 301/45-20. Denial of license or other sanction - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-20-executive-branch/il-st-sect-20-301-45-20/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?