Illinois Statutes Chapter 20. Executive Branch § 2630/5.Arrest reports

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

§ 5.  Arrest reports.  All policing bodies of this State shall furnish to the Department, daily, in the form and detail the Department requires, fingerprints, descriptions, and ethnic and racial background data as provided in Section 4.5 of this Act of all persons who are arrested on charges of violating any penal statute of this State for offenses that are classified as felonies and Class A or B misdemeanors and of all minors of the age of 10 and over who have been arrested for an offense which would be a felony if committed by an adult, and may forward such fingerprints and descriptions for minors arrested for Class A or B misdemeanors.  Moving or nonmoving traffic violations under the Illinois Vehicle Code   1 shall not be reported except for violations of Chapter 4, Section 11-204.1, or Section 11-501 of that Code.  In addition, conservation offenses, as defined in the Supreme Court Rule 501(c), that are classified as Class B misdemeanors shall not be reported.  Those law enforcement records maintained by the Department for minors arrested for an offense prior to their 17th birthday, or minors arrested for a non-felony offense, if committed by an adult, prior to their 18th birthday, shall not be forwarded to the Federal Bureau of Investigation unless those records relate to an arrest in which a minor was charged as an adult under any of the transfer provisions of the Juvenile Court Act of 1987.

1 625 ILCS 5/1-100 et seq.

Cite this article: - Illinois Statutes Chapter 20. Executive Branch § 2630/5.Arrest reports - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard