Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 7.09. The Council shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) review and comment upon reports of the Department to the Governor and the General Assembly;
(2) prepare and submit to the Governor, the General Assembly and the Director an annual report evaluating the level and quality of all programs, services and facilities provided to the aging by State agencies;
(3) review and comment upon the comprehensive state plan prepared by the Department;
(4) review and comment upon disbursements by the Department of public funds to private agencies;
(5) recommend candidates to the Governor for appointment as Director of the Department;
(6) consult with the Director regarding the operations of the Department; and
(7) review and support implementation of the Commission's recommendations as identified in the Commission's Second Report, which shall be issued no later than March 30, 2025.
The requirement for reporting to the General Assembly shall be satisfied by filing copies of the report as required by Section 3.1 of the General Assembly Organization Act, 1 and filing such additional copies with the State Government Report Distribution Center for the General Assembly as is required under paragraph (t) of Section 7 of the State Library Act. 2
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 20. Executive Branch § 105/7.09. Powers and duties of Council - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-20-executive-branch/il-st-sect-20-105-7-09/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.