Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 15. Eligibility for appointment or reappointment to certain boards and commissions.
(a) For the purpose of this Section, “appointment or reappointment” means appointment or reappointment by the Governor to:
(1) A board or commission composed of members whose appointment or reappointment requires the advice and consent of the Senate, and whose members: (i) are entitled to compensation for their service beyond reimbursement of expenses; (ii) have statutory authority to regulate or oversee the business or activities of individuals, private entities, or public bodies; (iii) have statutory authority to issue or approve professional licenses; (iv) have statutory authority to conduct, or review the decision resulting from, any arbitration, adjudication, administrative, or quasi-judicial proceeding; or (v) have statutory authority to award grants.
(2) The governing board of a retirement system established by Article 14, 15, or 16 of the Illinois Pension Code.
(3) The Illinois State Board of Investment.
(4) The Illinois Board of Higher Education.
(5) The governing board of a State university.
(b) a person is ineligible for appointment or reappointment after the effective date of this Act if the person fails to file a disclosure of conflicts of interests and a statement of economic interests as required by Section 3A-30 and Article 4A, respectively, of the Illinois Governmental Ethics Act.
(c) Nothing in this Section shall impair the ability of a person serving on a board or commission on the effective date of this Act to complete his or her current term of membership.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 15. Executive Officers § 50/15. Eligibility for appointment or reappointment to certain boards and commissions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-15-executive-officers/il-st-sect-15-50-15/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?