Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The department of health and welfare shall report to the board on or before January 1 the total number of program-eligible children in the Idaho immunization reminder information system registry who received vaccines, the doses and the total nonvaccine-for-children funds expended for vaccines purchased and administered through the Idaho immunization program for the previous state fiscal year and any other information appropriate or necessary to enable the board to properly determine assessments under the provisions of this chapter.
(2) The assessments to fund vaccine purchases for program-eligible children shall be made annually by the board. Each carrier's proportion of the assessment and the dates upon which the carrier must pay the assessment into the fund shall be determined by the board based on annual statements and other reports deemed necessary by the board. In making the assessment determination, the board shall consider such factors as any surplus funds remaining from a prior assessment, the number and cost of vaccine doses expected to be administered in the pertinent time period and the number of program-eligible children in the pertinent time period, as well as any necessary costs and expenses to administer the fund and discharge the duties of the board. The annual assessment shall be calculated to provide funding that, at a minimum, is expected to be sufficient to cover the administrative costs of the board and fund the purchase of vaccines for program-eligible children that have in effect a recommendation from the advisory committee on immunization practices of the centers for disease control and prevention on the date the board makes its assessment determination.
(3) For late or nonpayment of assessments by a carrier, the director may impose such penalties as provided in title 41, Idaho Code.
(4) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, a carrier shall pay an assessment made by the board within sixty (60) days of the notice of assessment being sent to the carrier. For good cause, a carrier may seek from the director a deferment from all or part of an assessment imposed by the board. The director may defer all or part of the assessment if the director determines that the payment of the assessment would place the carrier in a financially impaired condition, as provided in title 41, Idaho Code. If all or part of an assessment against a carrier is deferred, the amount deferred shall be assessed against the other carriers in a manner consistent with the basis for assessment set forth in this section. The carrier receiving the deferment shall remain liable to the fund for the amount deferred and shall be prohibited from insuring any new individuals in the state of Idaho until such time as it pays the assessments.
(5) The moneys raised by the assessment authorized in this section shall be used solely for the purposes expressly authorized by this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Idaho Statutes Title 41. Insurance § 41-6006. Assessments - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/id/title-41-insurance/id-st-sect-41-6006/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?