Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Any person who violates or causes or induces violation of any provision of this chapter, or any lawful rule of the director issued thereunder, shall be subject to an administrative penalty for each violation of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) for an individual and not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000) for any entity for each violation.
(2) Any person who makes a false statement or representation of a material fact, knowing it to be false, or who knowingly fails to disclose a material fact in any application, examination or statement relating to self-funded plans, trust accounts, administration of a plan or any matter materially related thereto, shall be subject to penalty as provided in subsection (4) of this section.
(3) Any person who makes a false entry in any book, record, statement, or report required by this chapter or any rule of the director promulgated thereunder, with intent to injure or defraud the trust fund or any beneficiary thereunder, or to deceive anyone authorized or entitled to examine the affairs of the plan, shall be subject to penalty as provided in subsection (4) of this section.
(4) For each such violation, act or omission referred to in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, unless greater penalty is provided therefor under any other applicable law, the offender shall upon conviction thereof be subject to a fine of not more than fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) and to imprisonment for not more than fifteen (15) years, or to both such fine and imprisonment.
(5) Further, the director may in his discretion:
(a) Order the person to cease and desist from the violation of such provision;
(b) Issue an order revoking or suspending the registration of the plan that engaged in such violation;
(c) Bring an action in the fourth district court in and for Ada county or in such other court as the director deems appropriate to seek appropriate injunctive relief and impose a civil penalty not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for each violation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Idaho Statutes Title 41. Insurance § 41-4022. Penalties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/id/title-41-insurance/id-st-sect-41-4022/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?