Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) “Health care service” means any service rendered to an individual for diagnosis, relief, or treatment of any injury, ailment or bodily condition.
(2) “Service corporation” means a corporation providing all or part of one or more health care services for subscribers thereto in exchange for periodic prepayments in identifiable amount by or as to such subscribers.
(3) A “professional service corporation” is one so providing principally health care services by one or more categories of participant licensees, as defined in subsection (9) of this section. Such a service corporation may also provide for materials customarily dispensed or furnished in connection with the services of the licensee.
(4) A “hospital service corporation” is one so providing principally hospital services.
(5) “Service agreement” is a contract between a service corporation and a licensee or hospital under which the licensee or hospital agrees to render all or part of one or more health care services to subscribers of the service corporation.
(6) “Subscriber's contract” is that between the service corporation and its subscriber under which all or part of one or more health care services is to be rendered to or on behalf of the subscriber by a licensee or hospital that has entered into a service agreement with such corporation covering such services.
(7) “Participant hospital” is one which has entered into a service agreement with a service corporation.
(8) “Participant licensee” is one who has entered into a service agreement with a service corporation.
(9) “Licensee” is an individual while duly licensed by the state of Idaho to practice in any one or more of the following categories of health care service professions:
(f) Physician and surgeon, of either medicine and surgery or of osteopathic medicine and surgery; and
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Idaho Statutes Title 41. Insurance § 41-3403. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/id/title-41-insurance/id-st-sect-41-3403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?