Idaho Statutes Title 31. Counties and County Law § 31-3201J. Pretrial supervision fee
Search Idaho Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Any person under a supervised pretrial release program may be required to pay an amount not more than the maximum monthly misdemeanor probation supervision fee set forth in section 31-3201D, Idaho Code, per month, or such lesser sum as determined by the administrative judge of the judicial district, as a pretrial release supervision fee to cover the actual costs of supervising the defendant while in the supervised pretrial release program.
(2) A defendant shall not be required to pay the pretrial supervision fee authorized in subsection (1) of this section until after a judgment of conviction or withheld judgment.
(3) The pretrial supervision fee shall be paid to the clerk of the court, who shall pay such fees to the county treasurer. Such fees shall be used exclusively to cover the costs of the pretrial services provided by the pretrial services agency that has been designated to provide such services.
(4) The court may also order the defendant to pay additional fees to cover the actual costs of electronic monitoring, alcohol testing, or drug testing if such monitoring or testing is a condition of the defendant's release. Such additional fees may be paid to the clerk of the court or directly to the provider of the service. If fees are paid to the clerk of the court, the clerk of the court shall pay such fees to the county treasurer and such fees shall be used exclusively to cover the costs for which the additional fees have been ordered.
(5) Based on a finding of indigence or other good cause, the court may exempt the defendant from the payment of all or any part of the fees authorized by this section, and no defendant shall be denied release or denied participation in a supervised pretrial release program because of an inability to pay the fees authorized by this section. Any unpaid pretrial services fee shall be considered a debt owed to the court and may be collected in the manner provided by law for the collection of such debts.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Idaho Statutes Title 31. Counties and County Law § 31-3201J. Pretrial supervision fee - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/id/title-31-counties-and-county-law/id-st-sect-31-3201j/
Was this helpful?