Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 674.1. Authorization

A person who has attained the age of majority and who does not have any civil disabilities may apply to the court to change the person's name by filing a verified petition as provided in this chapter.  The verified petition may request a name change for minor children of the petitioner as well as the petitioner or a parent may file a verified petition requesting a name change on behalf of a minor child of the parent.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.