No person shall sell, offer for sale, rent, lease, or distribute any water treatment
unit for use in this State unless written material which provides the following information
is included with each unit:
(1) The name and mailing address of the manufacturer or distributor;
(2) The name, brand, or trademark under which the unit is sold, and its model number;
(3) A statement listing all contaminants the unit is capable of reducing from the
(4) The specifications of the unit, including:
(A) The filter life, if applicable;
(B) The approximate capacity of the unit, expressed in gallons or period of time,
(C) A summary of recommended operational procedures and requirements necessary for
the proper operation of the unit, including, but not limited to:
(i) Electrical requirements;
(ii) Maximum and minimum operation pressure;
(iii) Maximum operating temperature;
(iv) Flow rate;
(v) Maintenance requirements;
(vi) Replacement frequencies; and
(vii) An explanation of any performance indicator, if available;
(5) Installation instructions;
(6) The manufacturer's warranty and guarantee, if applicable;
(7) A statement that performance of the water treatment unit may vary based on local
(8) A statement that the unit is only intended for use with potable water, if true;
(9) A statement that all the contaminants reduced by the unit are not necessarily
in the user's water supply, if true.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.