Skip to main content

Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 40-91

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

In case of any question or difference of opinion arising between the comptroller and any officer of the State regarding the proper appropriation to which any item or amount of expense is charged, or any other matter regarding the construction of this chapter or the authority vested in either of them by this chapter, and in all cases where a claim is disallowed by the comptroller in consequence of the absence of an original warrant voucher, or upon an imperfect warrant voucher or an incorrect certificate, or if any person feels aggrieved by any decision of the comptroller, in the rejection or the surcharge of the returns or refusal to approve or allow any demand presented by the person, any of the persons concerned may appeal from the decision to the intermediate appellate court, subject to chapter 602. After such investigation as the appellate court considers equitable, it may make such order directing the relief of the appellant in whole or in part as appears to the court to be just and reasonable. If the demand of the officer, bill, claim of any person, or the return of any public accountant is approved, in whole or in part by the court, the court shall so indorse its findings on the same and it shall thereafter be presented to the comptroller, who shall enter it in the proper book in like manner as other demands and indorsement shall be made by the comptroller of its having been so entered before it can be paid.

Cite this article: - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 40-91 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard