Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Beginning July 1, 2018, and except as otherwise provided in subsections (c) and (d):
(1) The owner of a vessel that does not have a valid certificate of number pursuant to section 200-31 or a valid certificate of title pursuant to this chapter shall comply with subsection (b); and
(2) The owner of a vessel that has a valid certificate of number pursuant to section 200-31, but does not have a valid certificate of title pursuant to this chapter, may comply with subsection (b) before the expiration date of the vessel's certificate of number and shall comply with subsection (b) after the expiration date of the vessel's certificate of number.
(b) The owner of a vessel for which this State is the state of principal use shall deliver to the department an application for a certificate of title for the vessel, with the applicable fee, no later than twenty days after the later of:
(1) The date of a transfer of ownership; or
(2) The date this State becomes the state of principal use.
(c) An application for a certificate of title is not required for:
(1) A documented vessel;
(2) A foreign documented vessel;
(3) A barge;
(4) A vessel before delivery if the vessel is under construction or completed pursuant to contract; or
(5) A vessel held by a dealer for sale or lease.
(d) The department shall not issue, transfer, or renew a certificate of title for a vessel issued pursuant to the requirements of title 46 United States Code section 12301, as amended, unless the department has created a certificate of title for the vessel or an application for a certificate for the vessel and the applicable fee has been delivered to the department.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 200A-6 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/hi/division-1-government/hi-rev-st-sect-200a-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.