Skip to main content

Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 174C-52

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Upon receipt of the application, the commission shall cause a notice thereof to be published in a newspaper having general circulation within the affected area. The notice shall be published at least once a week for two consecutive weeks. In addition, the commission shall cause a copy of such notice to be sent to any person who has filed a written request for notification of any pending applications affecting a particular designated area and to the mayor and the water board of the affected county. This notification shall be sent by regular mail before the date of last publication. The commission shall also make available to the public, upon request, a monthly bulletin of all pending applications.

(b) The notice and the monthly bulletin shall contain the name and address of the applicant; the date of filing; the date set for a hearing, if any; the source of the water supply; the quantity of water applied for; the use to be made of the water and any limitations thereon; the place of the use; and the location of the well point or diversion.

(c) The notice shall state that written objections to the proposed permit may be filed with the commission by a specified date. The commission shall establish by rules the time limits within which objections must be filed. The commission, at its discretion, may request further information from either applicant or objectors, and a reasonable time shall be allowed for such responses. Each applicant shall be notified by the commission of the objections filed to an application.

Cite this article: - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 174C-52 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard