Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The department shall have the following powers:
(1) Make loans and expend funds to finance the purchase or installation of water infrastructure equipment for dams, reservoirs, hydroelectric pumping, storm water reclamation, ditch maintenance, spillways, wells, water ducts, water distribution systems, and water tanks;
(2) Hire employees necessary to perform its duties;
(3) Enter into contracts for the service of consultants for rendering professional and technical assistance and advice, and any other contracts that are necessary and proper for the implementation of the loan program;
(4) Enter into contracts for the administration of the loan program, in accordance with chapter 103D;
(5) Establish loan program guidelines to carry out the purposes of this part;
(6) Perform all functions necessary to effectuate the purposes of this part;
(7) Delegate authority to the chairperson of the board of agriculture to approve loans where the requested amount plus any principal balance on existing loans to the applicant does not exceed $25,000 of state funds; and
(8) Adopt rules pursuant to chapter 91 necessary for the purpose of this part.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 155-33 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/hi/division-1-government/hi-rev-st-sect-155-33/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?