Skip to main content

Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 111-6

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) When actions of a state agency displace or will displace any person, it shall assure that a relocation assistance program for such displaced person offering the services herein prescribed is available to reduce hardship to those affected and to reduce delays in improvements and other programs for public or other purposes in the public interest. If the state agency determines that other persons, business concerns, farm operations, or nonprofit organizations occupying property adjacent to any real property acquired are caused substantial economic injury because of the public improvement for which property is acquired, it may provide such persons, business concerns, farm operations, or nonprofit organizations relocation services under such program.

(b) Each relocation assistance program required by subsection (a) shall include such measures, facilities, or services as may be necessary or appropriate in order (1) to determine the needs of displaced persons for relocation assistance; (2) to assist owners of displaced business concerns and farm operations in obtaining and becoming established in suitable business locations or replacement farms; (3) to supply information concerning programs of the federal government offering assistance to displaced persons and business concerns; (4) to assist in minimizing hardships to displaced persons in adjusting to relocation; and (5) to secure to the greatest extent practicable the coordination of relocation activities with other project activities and other planned or proposed state agency action in the community or nearby areas which may affect the carrying out of the relocation program.

Cite this article: - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 111-6 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard