Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) As used in this Code section, the term “affected municipality” means each municipality required to adopt a resolution approving the local government service delivery strategy pursuant to subsection (b) of Code Section 36-70-25.
(b) Each county and affected municipality shall review, and revise if necessary, the approved strategy:
(1) In conjunction with updates of the comprehensive plan as required by Article 1 of this chapter;
(2) Whenever necessary to change service delivery or revenue distribution arrangements;
(3) Whenever necessary due to changes in revenue distribution arrangements;
(4) In the event of the creation, abolition, or consolidation of local governments;
(5) When the existing service delivery strategy agreement expires; or
(6) Whenever the county and affected municipalities agree to revise the strategy.
(c) In the event that a county or an affected municipality located within the county refuses to review and revise, if necessary, a strategy in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3) of subsection (b) of this Code section, then any of the parties may use the alternative dispute resolution and appeal procedures set forth in subsection (d) of Code Section 36-70-25.1.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 36. Local Government § 36-70-28 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-36-local-government/ga-code-sect-36-70-28/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?