Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this article, the term:
(1) “Authority” means the authority created by the MARTA Act and pursuant to a local constitutional amendment for purposes of establishing a metropolitan area system of public transportation set out at Ga. L. 1964, p. 1008. 1
(2) “Board” means the board of directors of the authority.
(3) “City” means the City of Atlanta.
(4) “MARTA Act” means an Act known as the “Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Act of 1965,” approved March 10, 1965 (Ga. L. 1965, p. 2243), as amended.
(5) “Metropolitan area” means the Counties of Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, and Gwinnett and the city.
(6) “Qualified municipality” shall have the same meaning as provided in paragraph (4) of Code Section 48-8-110.
(7) “Regional transit plan” means the official multiyear plan for transit services and facilities adopted pursuant to Code Section 50-39-12.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 32. Highways, Bridges, and Ferries § 32-9-13 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-32-highways-bridges-and-ferries/ga-code-sect-32-9-13/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?