As used in this article, the term:
(1) “Attending physician” means the physician who has primary responsibility at the time of reference for the treatment and care of the client.
(2) “Client” means a person seeking or receiving pregnancy support services.
(3) “Contract management agency” or “agency” means a nongovernmental charitable organization in this state which is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and whose mission and practice is to promote alternatives to abortion services at no cost.
(4) “Direct client service providers” or “providers” means nonprofit organizations with a contractual relationship with the contract management agency and that provide direct pregnancy support services to clients at no cost.
(6) “Pregnancy support services” means those services that encourage childbirth instead of voluntary termination of pregnancy and which assist pregnant women or women who believe they may be pregnant to choose childbirth whether they intend to parent or select adoption for the child.
(7) “Program” means the Positive Alternatives for Pregnancy and Parenting Grant Program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 31. Health § 31-2A-31 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-31-health/ga-code-sect-31-2a-31.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.