Georgia Code Title 21. Elections § 21-2-183
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A petition to qualify a political body to nominate candidates for public office by convention shall be on one or more sheets of uniform size, and different sheets must be used by signers residing in different counties. The upper portion of each sheet, prior to being signed by any petitioner, shall bear the name and title of the Secretary of State and the political body to be formed by the petition. If more than one sheet is used, they shall be bound together when offered for filing and each sheet shall be numbered consecutively, beginning with number one, at the foot of each page.
(b) Each sheet shall bear on the bottom or back thereof the affidavit of the circulator of such sheet setting forth:
(1) The residence address of the circulator;
(2) That each signer manually signed such signer's own name with full knowledge of the contents of the political body qualifying petitions;
(3) That, to the best of the affiant's knowledge and belief, the signers are registered voters of the State of Georgia, qualified to sign the petition;
(4) That their respective residences are correctly stated in the petition; and
(5) That they all reside in the county named in the affidavit.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 21. Elections § 21-2-183 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-21-elections/ga-code-sect-21-2-183/
Was this helpful?