Georgia Code Title 2. Agriculture § 2-19-4
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A claim may be filed by an eligible cotton producer, as defined in Code Section 2-19-2. In any case in which the person entitled to make a claim is mentally incompetent or is deceased, the claim may be filed on his or her behalf by his or her guardian, executor, or such other individual as is authorized to administer his or her estate.
(b) A claim must be filed by the claimant not later than July 1, 1999; provided, however, that, upon good cause shown, the Commissioner may extend the time for filing for a period not exceeding two months after such date. Claims shall be filed in the office of the Commissioner in person or by mail. The department shall provide forms for use in filing claims.
(c) The claim shall be verified and shall contain the following:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the claimant;
(2) A description of the amount, nature, and circumstances of the loss;
(3) A statement of the extent to which the cotton producer has been or may reasonably be expected to be indemnified or reimbursed for these losses from any other source, including the proceeds of any distribution by a trustee in bankruptcy;
(4) An authorization permitting the Commissioner to verify the contents of the application; and
(5) Such other information as the Commissioner may require.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 2. Agriculture § 2-19-4 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-2-agriculture/ga-code-sect-2-19-4/
Was this helpful?