Georgia Code Title 2. Agriculture § 2-10-94
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Each association incorporated under this article shall have the following powers:
(1) To engage in any activity in connection with:
(A) The marketing, selling, harvesting, preserving, drying, processing, canning, packing, storing, handling, shipping, ginning, or utilizing of any agricultural products produced or delivered to it by its members or the manufacturing or marketing of the by-products thereof;
(B) The manufacturing, selling, and supplying to and the purchasing, hiring, or using by its members of supplies, machinery, or equipment;
(C) The terracing of lands or the prevention of soil erosion; and
(D) The financing of any of the activities enumerated in subparagraphs (A) through (C) of this paragraph;
(2) To handle and deal in the agricultural products of nonmembers in an amount equal in value to, but not greater in value than, that handled by it for members;
(3) To borrow money and to make advances to members;
(4) To act as the agent or representative of any member or nonmembers in any of the activities mentioned in paragraphs (1) through (3) of this Code section;
(5) To purchase or otherwise acquire, to hold, own, and exercise all rights of ownership in, and to sell, transfer, or pledge shares of the capital stock or bonds of any corporation or association engaged in any related activity, in the handling or marketing of any of the products handled by the association or in the financing of the association;
(6) To establish reserves and to invest the funds thereof in bonds or such other property as may be provided in the bylaws;
(7) To buy, hold, and exercise all privileges of ownership over such real or personal property as may be necessary or convenient for the conduct and operation of any of the business of the association or as may be incidental thereto;
(8) To apply for, establish, register, secure, own, and develop patents, trademarks, and copyrights;
(9) To do everything necessary, suitable, or proper for the accomplishment of any of the purposes or the attainment of any of the objects enumerated in this Code section or conducive to or expedient for the interest or benefit of the association and to contract accordingly; and
(10) To exercise and possess all powers, rights, and privileges necessary or incidental to the purposes for which the association is organized or to the activities in which it is engaged, along with any other rights, powers, and privileges granted by the laws of this state to ordinary corporations, except such as are inconsistent with express provisions of this article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 2. Agriculture § 2-10-94 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-2-agriculture/ga-code-sect-2-10-94/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?