Georgia Code Title 19. Domestic Relations § 19-13-34
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The commission shall have the following duties:
(1) To study and evaluate the needs, priorities, programs, policies, and accessibility of services relating to family violence throughout this state;
(2) To evaluate and monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of existing family violence laws, including the response of the present civil and criminal legal systems;
(3) To initiate and coordinate the development of family violence legislation, as necessary;
(4) To monitor the implementation and enforcement of laws, regulations, and protocols concerning family violence;
(5) To make recommendations for education and training to ensure that all citizens and service providers, including but not limited to members of the judiciary, law enforcement personnel, and prosecuting attorneys, are aware of needs relating to family violence and of services available;
(6) To develop models for community task forces on family violence;
(7) To provide training and continuing education on the dynamics of family violence to members of the commission where appropriate and necessary;
(8) To report annually to the General Assembly during its existence; and
(9) To develop standards to be utilized by the Department of Community Supervision in the certification and regulation of family violence intervention programs.
(b) The commission shall have the following powers:
(1) To write and disseminate reports and recommendations concerning family violence to the Governor, the General Assembly, and the community;
(2) To accept public or private grants, devises, and bequests;
(3) To enter into all contracts or agreements necessary or incidental to the performance of its duties; and
(4) To hold meetings and public hearings and to conduct studies, collect data, or take any other action the commission deems necessary to fulfill its responsibilities.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 19. Domestic Relations § 19-13-34 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-19-domestic-relations/ga-code-sect-19-13-34/
Was this helpful?