Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Beginning on the effective date of the rules adopted under s. 373.427(1), review of any consolidated order rendered pursuant to s. 373.427(1) shall be governed by the provisions of s. 373.114(1). However, the term “party” shall mean any person who participated as a party in a proceeding under ss. 120.569 and 120.57 on the concurrently reviewed authorizations, permits, waivers, variances, or approvals, or any affected person who submitted to the department, water management district, or board of trustees oral or written testimony, sworn or unsworn, of a substantive nature which stated with particularity objections to or support for the authorization, permit, waiver, variance, or approval, provided that such testimony was cognizable within the scope of this chapter or the applicable provisions of chapter 161, chapter 253, or chapter 258 when the consolidated notice of intent includes an authorization, permit, waiver, variance, or approval under those chapters. In such cases, the standard of review shall also ensure consistency with the applicable provisions and purposes of chapter 161, chapter 253, or chapter 258 when the consolidated order includes an authorization, permit, waiver, variance, or approval under those chapters. If the consolidated order subject to review includes approval or denial of proprietary authorization to use submerged lands on which the board of trustees has previously acted, as described in s. 373.427(2), the scope of review under this section shall not encompass such proprietary decision, but the standard of review shall also ensure consistency with the applicable provisions and purposes of chapter 161 when the consolidated order includes a permit, waiver, or approval under that chapter.
(a) The final order issued under this section shall contain separate findings of fact and conclusions of law, and a ruling that individually addresses each authorization, permit, waiver, variance, and approval that was the subject of the review.
(b) If a consolidated order includes proprietary authorization under chapter 253 or chapter 258 to use submerged lands owned by the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund for an activity for which the authority has been delegated to take final agency action without action of the board of trustees, the following additional provisions and exceptions to s. 373.114(1) apply:
1. The Governor and Cabinet shall sit concurrently as the Land and Water Adjudicatory Commission and the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund in exercising the exclusive authority to review the order;
2. The review may also be initiated by the Governor or any member of the Cabinet within 20 days after the rendering of the order in which case the other provisions of s. 373.114(1)(a) regarding acceptance of a request for review do not apply; and
3. If the Governor and Cabinet find that an authorization to use submerged lands is not consistent with chapter 253 or chapter 258, any authorization, permit, waiver, or approval authorized or granted by the consolidated order must be rescinded or modified or the proceeding must be remanded for further action consistent with the order issued under this section.
(2) Subject to the provisions of subsection (3), appellate review of that part of a consolidated order granting or denying authorization to use board of trustees-owned submerged lands on which the board of trustees has previously acted, as described in s. 373.427(2), shall be only pursuant to s. 120.68.
(3) As with an appeal under s. 373.114, the proper initiation of discretionary review under this section tolls the time for seeking judicial review under s. 120.68.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Florida Statutes Title XXVIII. Natural Resources; Conservation, Reclamation, and Use § 373.4275. Review of consolidated orders - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/fl/title-xxviii-natural-resources-conservation-reclamation-and-use/fl-st-sect-373-4275/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.