(1) Meals may be furnished without charge to a regular-service volunteer serving a
unit of county government or constitutional county officer if the volunteer's scheduled
service extends over an established meal period, and to an occasional-service volunteer
at the discretion of the head of the unit of county government or constitutional county
(2) Lodging, if available, may be furnished temporarily, in case of an emergency,
at no charge to a regular-service volunteer.
(3) Transportation reimbursement may be furnished to a volunteer whose presence is
determined to be necessary by the unit of county government or constitutional county
officer. Volunteers may use county vehicles in the performance of their county duties.
(4) Volunteers are covered by workers' compensation in accordance with chapter 440,
and ss. 125.9501-125.9506 do not limit any workers' compensation rights or benefits.
(5) Volunteers may be furnished such other benefits, subsistence, or reimbursement
of expenses as the unit of county government or constitutional county officer considers
appropriate and necessary to further ss. 125.9501-125.9506.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.