The House of Representatives and the Senate shall be independently responsible for
providing the following services to their respective members and committees:
(1) Legal research and drafting of legislation for individual members and committees.
(2) Review of legislation and drafting of amendments.
(3) The preparation of bill summaries.
(4) Providing staff facilities comparable in quality and adequacy to those which the
Legislature provides for other departments of state government, and, to the extent
that funds are available, providing such other adequate expert assistance as may be
necessary to assist each house in performing its required functions.
(5) To the extent that funds are available, furnishing each standing committee such
professional assistance as may be required in order to provide comprehensive research
capabilities for each such committee.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.