Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
(1) “Administrative tribunal” means a violation hearing before the Code Official for Kent County.
(2) “Building” means a structure having a roof, and intended to shelter persons, animals, property, or business activity. The word “building” shall be construed to include parts thereof and all equipment therein.
(3) “Department of Planning Services” means the Kent County Department of Planning Services.
(4) “Kent County Levy Court” means the Levy Court for Kent County.
(5) “Person responsible” means the owner and any other person or persons who have control over the property or are responsible for the violation.
(6) “Property” means a lot, plot, or parcel of land, including any structures thereon.
(7) “Structure” means a manmade object having an ascertainable stationary location on land or in water, whether or not affixed to the land.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 9. Counties § 5601. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-9-counties/de-code-sect-9-5601/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?