Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The county government may:
(1) Assemble data, and develop plans relating to the collection, transmission, treatment and disposal of sewage within the County, and relating to the elimination or alleviation of sewage problems; and
(2) Study the possibility of developing and utilizing existing facilities to make them available to the several municipalities, and other political subdivisions and unincorporated areas within the County.
(b) The county government on its own motion may cause a preliminary report including maps and plans to be prepared for the establishment of a certain area or areas of the County as a county district. Such maps and plans shall show:
(1) The boundaries of the area or areas which the county government in its judgment considers will be benefited directly or indirectly by the particular project;
(2) A description of the area or areas sufficient to permit definite and conclusive identification of all parcels of property included therein;
(3) The proposed location of all facilities such as lateral, trunk, interceptor and outfall sewers, pumping stations, and treatment and disposal facilities;
(4) Estimates of the cost of construction of the facilities as shown on the maps and plans; and
(5) The method of financing such facilities.
If the report shall contain recommendations for the establishment of 2 or more zones of assessment within a county district, the maps and plans shall show the boundaries of each of such zones and the estimated initial allocation of the cost of construction of the facilities recommended to be charged to each of such zones.
(c) The county government may employ or contract for such engineering, legal, professional and other assistance as from time to time may be needed, and may incur such other expenses as may be necessary to carry out the powers herein set forth.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 9. Counties § 4603. Planning - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-9-counties/de-code-sect-9-4603/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?