Skip to main content

Delaware Code Title 7. Conservation § 7008. Appeals to Superior Court

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Any person aggrieved by a final order of the State Coastal Zone Industrial Control Board under § 7007 of this title may appeal the Board's decision to Superior Court in and for the county of the location of the land in question. Likewise, the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control may appeal from any modification by the Board of his or her ruling. The appeal shall be commenced by filing notice thereof with Superior Court not more than 20 days following announcement of the Board's decision. The Court may affirm the Board's order in its entirety, modify same or reverse said order. In either case, the appeal shall be based on the record of proceedings before the Board, the only issue being whether the Board abused its discretion in applying standards set forth by this chapter and regulations issued pursuant thereto to the facts of the particular case. The Superior Court may by rule prescribe procedure by which it will receive, hear and make disposition of appeals under this chapter. Provided, that no appeal under this chapter shall stay any cease and desist order or injunction issued pursuant to this chapter.

Cite this article: - Delaware Code Title 7. Conservation § 7008. Appeals to Superior Court - last updated January 01, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard