Delaware Code Title 6. Commerce and Trade § 7603. Disclosures
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) For each lease-purchase agreement, the lessor shall disclose in the agreement the following items, as applicable:
(1) The total number, total amount and timing of all payments necessary to acquire ownership of the property;
(2) A statement that the lessee will not own the property until the lessee has made the total amount of the payments necessary to acquire ownership;
(3) A statement that the lessee is responsible for the fair market value of the property if, and as of the time, it is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed;
(4) A brief description of the leased property, sufficient to identify the property to the lessee and the lessor, including an identification number, if applicable, and a statement indicating whether the property is new or used, but a statement that indicates new property is used is not a violation of this chapter;
(5) A statement of the cash price of the property;
(6) The total of the initial lease payment paid or required at or before consummation of the agreement or delivery of the property, whichever is later;
(7) A statement that the total of lease payments necessary to acquire ownership does not include other charges, such as late payment, default and reinstatement fees, which fees shall be separately disclosed in the contract;
(8) A statement clearly summarizing the terms of the lessee's option to purchase, including a statement that the lessee has the right to exercise an early purchase option using the formula or method for determining the price at which the property may be so purchased in accordance with § 7609 of this title;
(9) A statement identifying the party responsible for maintaining or servicing the property while it is being leased, together with a description of that responsibility, and a statement that if any part of a manufacturer's express warranty covers the lease property at the time the lessee acquires ownership of the property, it shall be transferred to the lessee, if allowed by the terms of the warranty;
(10) A statement that the lessee may terminate the agreement without penalty by voluntarily surrendering or returning the property in good repair upon expiration of any lease term along with any past due rental payments; and
(11) Notice of the right to reinstate an agreement as herein provided.
(b) With respect to matters specifically governed by the federal Consumer Credit Protection Act [15 U.S.C. § 1601 et seq.], compliance with such act satisfies the requirements of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 6. Commerce and Trade § 7603. Disclosures - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-6-commerce-and-trade/de-code-sect-6-7603/
Was this helpful?