Delaware Code Title 6. Commerce and Trade § 2503F. Application
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
This section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) a. Any discount, payment, remuneration, waiver of payment, or payment practice not prohibited by § 1128B of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1320a-7b, and its implementing regulations, 42 C.F.R § 1001.
b. This paragraph (1) includes a patient, claim, or benefit under a federal health care program, as defined under § 1128B(f) the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1320a-7b(f), or a federal health benefit plan.
(2) Any payment, compensation, or financial arrangement within a group practice, if the payment, compensation, or arrangement is not to or from a person who is not a member of the group practice.
(3) Payments to a health-care provider or health-care facility for professional consultation services.
(4) Commissions, fees, or other remuneration lawfully paid to insurance agents as provided under Title 18.
(5) Payments by a carrier who reimburses, provides, offers to provide, or administers health, mental health, or substance abuse goods or services under a health benefit plan.
(6) Payments to or by a health-care provider or health-care facility, or a health-care provider network entity, that has contracted with a carrier, a health-care purchasing group, Medicare, or Medicaid to provide health, metal health, or substance abuse goods or services under a health benefit plan when such payments are for goods or services under the plan.
(7) Payments by a health-care provider or health-care facility to a health, mental health, or substance abuse information service that provides information upon request and without charge to consumers about providers of health-care goods or services to enable consumers to select appropriate providers or facilities, provided that the information service meets all of the following criteria:
a. Does not attempt through its standard questions for solicitation of consumer criteria or through any other means to steer or lead a consumer to select or consider selection of a particular health-care provider or health-care facility.
b. Does not provide or represent itself as providing diagnostic or counseling services or assessments of illness or injury and does not make any promises of cure or guarantees of treatment.
c. Does not provide or arrange for transportation of a consumer to or from the location of a health-care provider or health-care facility.
d. Charges and collects fees from a health-care provider or health-care facility participating in its services that are set in advance, are consistent with the fair market value for those information services, and are not based on the potential value of a patient or patients to a health-care provider or health-care facility or of the goods or services provided by the health-care provider or health-care facility.
(8) An individual employed by the assisted living facility, or with whom the facility contracts to provide marketing services for the facility, if the individual clearly indicates that they work with or for the facility.
(9) Payments by an assisted living facility to a referral service that provides information, consultation, or referrals to consumers to assist them in finding appropriate care or housing options for seniors or disabled adults if the referred consumers are not Medicaid recipients.
(10) A resident of an assisted living facility who refers a friend, family member, or other individual with whom the resident has a personal relationship to the assisted living facility, in which case the assisted living facility may provide a monetary reward to the resident for making such referral.
(11) Payments to a health-care provider or health-care facility under the requirements of a contract with the State to provide assistance to individuals with mental health conditions or substance use disorders in identifying and obtaining resources to pay for treatment, including clinical and related services for an individual with a mental health condition or substance use disorder.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 6. Commerce and Trade § 2503F. Application - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-6-commerce-and-trade/de-code-sect-6-2503f/
Was this helpful?