Delaware Code Title 6. Commerce and Trade § 2202. Definitions
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Consumer” means an individual who is a resident of Delaware.
(2) “Consumer report” or “credit report” means any written, oral, or other communication of any information by a consumer reporting agency bearing on a consumer's credit worthiness, credit standing, credit score, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living which is used or expected to be used or collected in whole or in part for the purpose of serving as a factor in establishing the consumer's eligibility for:
a. Credit or insurance to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, except that nothing in this chapter authorizes the use of credit evaluations, credit scoring or insurance scoring in the underwriting of personal lines of property or casualty insurance;
b. Employment purposes; or
c. Any other purpose authorized under section 15 U.S.C. § 1681b.
(3) “Consumer reporting agency” means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties.
(4) “Credit card” has the same meaning as in § 103 of the Truth in Lending Act [15 U.S.C. § 1602].
(5) “Credit history” means any written, oral, or other communication of any information by a consumer reporting agency bearing on a consumer's creditworthiness, credit standing, or credit capacity that is used or expected to be used, or collected in whole or in part, for the purpose of determining personal lines insurance premiums or eligibility for coverage.
(6) “Debit card” means any card or device issued by a financial institution to a consumer for use in initiating an electronic fund transfer from the account holding assets of the consumer at such financial institution, for the purpose of transferring money between accounts or obtaining money, property, labor, or services.
(7) The term “person” means any individual, partnership, corporation, trust, estate, cooperative, association, government or governmental subdivision or agency, or other entity.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 6. Commerce and Trade § 2202. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-6-commerce-and-trade/de-code-sect-6-2202/
Was this helpful?