The efficient and effective planning for capital projects and services that benefit
Delaware's citizens must rely upon the best technical information available in order
to anticipate demographic and population trends. The Delaware Population Consortium is created to do all of the following:
(1) Create a single set of population projections for the State because it would be
detrimental to have different entities developing competing sets of projections for
their own purposes.
(2) Create a single set of population projections with a long-term horizon of 30 years
to be beneficial for long-term capital planning.
(3) Use a single methodology that can be refined over time.
(4) Establish a regular annual release date for the population projections to provide
consistent and predictable information for entities that rely upon the projections.
(5) Conduct ongoing review of the population projections.
(6) Create population projections that cover a consistent set of geographic areas
including the State, each county, and each incorporated municipality.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.