Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The following words and phrases shall have the following meaning ascribed to them, unless their context implies otherwise:
(1) “Act” means the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act of 1979.
(2) “Commission” means the State Emergency Response Commission as established by § 8226 of this title.
(3) “Hazardous material” means any substance or material designated a hazardous material pursuant to the federal “Hazardous Materials Transportation Act” (P.L. 93-633; 49 U.S.C. § 1801 et seq. [repealed]).
(4) “Operator of vehicle” means any person having control of any means of transportation herein regulated.
(5) “Person” means any natural person or individual, firm, association, partnership, copartnership, joint venture, company, corporation, joint stock company, estate or any other legal entity, or their legal representative, agent or assigns.
(6) “Transportation” means any movement of property by any mode, and any loading, unloading or storage incidental thereto.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 29. State Government § 8224. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-29-state-government/de-code-sect-29-8224/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.