(a) The Office of Financial Empowerment is hereby established within the Office of
the Secretary, Department of Health and Social Services.
(b) As used in this section:
(1) “Office” means the Office of Financial Empowerment.
(2) “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Department of Health and Social Services.
(c) The Office is established to address financial literacy and empowerment issues
for the following purposes:
(1) To facilitate appropriate forums, programs or initiatives designed to educate
the public regarding financial literacy and empowerment and provide personal financial
coaching to economically vulnerable Delawareans.
(2) To assist the Secretary in identifying, coordinating and establishing priorities
for programs, services, and resources the State should provide for financial literacy
and personal financial empowerment.
(3) To serve as a resource to a broad variety of organizations in Delaware, including
state agencies, employers, educational institutions, and nonprofits, for information
and services regarding financial literacy and empowerment.
(4) To provide relevant research information on economic security and financial empowerment
and data conducted or compiled by Delaware Health and Social Services and other entities
in collaboration with the Department.
(5) To seek funding from private or governmental entities to carry out the purposes
of this chapter.
(6) To prepare materials for publication and dissemination to the public on financial
literacy and empowerment.
(7) To conduct public educational forums in Delaware to raise public awareness and
to educate citizens about financial literacy and empowerment.
(8) To coordinate the activities and programs of the Office with other entities that
focus on financial literacy and empowerment, including other state agencies.
(d) The structure of the Office of Financial Empowerment will be determined by the
Secretary, and such other employees as shall be determined by the Secretary.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.